Saturday, May 23, 2009

Feeling unmotivated?

Right now my house is a disaster. And despite the fact that I really like a clean house and productive Saturdays I have a hundred other things that are clamoring for my attention. So it's times like these that I like to implement a strategy my mother taught me.

Set a time limit. My mom literally often set the timer. For 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes. Whatever. And do as much as you can in that limited time period. You'll be amazed how much you can get done. Then afterwards reward yourself by doing something else you want to do (like writing a blog post, watching a TV show, reading a book) and then do another segment later. Breaking it up makes it so much less overwhelming and easier to be motivated.

So that's what I'm doing today. Dealing with tasks I'd rather avoid by doing them in small segments.

2 little remarks:

acutely cherished said...

What a great idea!

henderson said...

hmm, I may incorporate that into my boards studying. thanks for the tip!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin