Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Finished Living Room: I FINALLY decided

Do you remember the chairs? I know, I've kind of been absent, but I have been working on random little things here and there, thinking about design, dreaming about houses, cleaning, budgeting, you know. Life.

Anyway, after much deliberating, and polling, and halfway deciding, I FINALLY chose a fabric for the chairs that I feel really comfortable with. It's this one, though it's really more of a grass green than this grayish green in the picture.

So after a little black paint and some serious help from my mom in reupholstering, the chairs will be done. To tie the chairs and the couch together and make it all feel more unified I plan on using a few pillows. I plan on making some sort of geometric pink, brown and green pillows for both the chairs and the couch. And THEN, and I'm really excited about this, I'm going to make two of these pillows out of a dark chocolate brown felt. So it's a solid, but with the 3 dimensional flower I think it'll look really amazing. Plus I like flowers.

And to finish off the room I'm using a pink/green/white paisley scrapbook paper to finally do this magazine/bookshelf project with my super cheap ikea magazine holders.

So I'm excited. Our living room will look organized and put together and girly, but not too girly. And I'll be so proud of myself for reupholstering something that I might feel brave enough to take on refinishing some furniture I inherited from my grandma. Needless to say, it's going to be a summer of projects, which is just one of the reasons I decided to not spend my summer evenings in a classroom studying statistics. I still have a hunger to do more math, but I guess that's a dream I'll just have to defer.

So what are your thoughts on the living room ideas? I am good at completing individual projects, but I seem to have a harder time completing an entire room in a way that feels polished and complete.

5 little remarks:

*Liese said...

I love your ideas! I'd be glad to help you when I'm up in that neck o' the woods. :)

Painty (aka Melinda) said...

ooo I love the flower on that pillow- although it looks complicated to make. You will definitely have to post pictures of your projects when you finish. I love redecorating... or at least thinking about it for when I can afford to do it. :)

Tiff said...

It sounds divine! I can't wait to see the pictures. And ditto on the felt flower...

I love pillows.

Tannie Datwyler said...

I DO NOT decorate things.... I think I'll hire someone when I get a house. :) But, I just had to say, I gave a small chuckle on the "dream deferred" thing.

emily said...

I LOVE IT ANNA! It's SUCH cute fabric!

I'm also very much in love with the pillow pattern. And Amy Butler in general.

Enjoy all your projects! I'm working on my first quilt, and I think of you every time I start working on it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin