Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Favorite Things

Random things I've thought about posting on, but seriously, they do not each need their own post. But I do like them a lot.

Fiber Plus bars are amazing. And so tasty I thought they must have high fructose corn syrup as a top ingredient. Not so much. The first 3 ingredients are "chicory root fiber" whatever that is, "rolled oats" and "crisp rice cereal"...high fructose corn syrup is involved but later down the list. You can get a coupon to try them yourself too and get 35% of your daily fiber in one bar. Plus they are chocolatey. Yum.

Supersonic Carwash. This last week Joe and I drove over some unfortunately smelly water on 800 North in Orem that left both of our cars smelling like some serious manure. Yuck. So we needed a carwash that would clean off the undercarriage of our cars. We went to supersonic. I have never been. It's so fun. You drive in, shift your car into neutral and it pulls you through on like a conveyer belt. It's like being on a ride. Super fun. But seriously, I was totally converted by their super sonic vaccums. My car feels a bajillion times better inside. Winner.

Books. I've been listening to the Kite Runner in the car (love book on tape, so much better than the radio). It's a pretty serious and moving story. I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with it. I must admit that listening to the author read it with an Afghani accent really helps me imagine the world he's creating that much better. (p.s. has anyone seen the movie? I'm wondering if it's any good)

Star Trek. Best. Movie. I've seen in a theater in the last year. Period. Go see it. If you are on a budget wait for the dollar theatre, but definitely see it on the big screen. Loving Star Trek so much (I've always liked it since I was a kid) makes me feel totally geeked out. But I like science fiction, it's okay, I'm not ashamed.

Anyway, the new Star Trek: James Kirk is beautiful, Spok is perfectly cast, it has great character development & tons of action without being gorey. I'm in love with it. Joe and I went on Friday and it was one of the best movie dates we've had in a while. Good times. Watch the trailer here (there are several on youtube), can't wait for the sequel. If you liked Iron Man, you'll probably love this one too.

Btw, on a related note: if you've never seen the documentary called Trekkies, you must see it (Rachel, I will never forget watching that with you and NP. Lol, one of my best college memories for sure). So hilarious. In the same vein as King of Kong, which also makes me laugh.

Productive Saturdays. I love them. Last Saturday I: went for a 2 mile jog/walk, went to some garage sales, hung out with my mom, did a little gardening, went to a bridal shower and visited with a million old friends, visited with Charayne and her new chubby baby, made a plan for reupholstering the chairs, bought the fabric, watched part of a BBC miniseries with my mom, and came home back to Highland to crash and regret that no cleaning was accomplished. Busy, productive Saturdays are the best. I highly recommend them.

So there you go, a few of my favorite things. Do you have any you want to share? I'm always up for some recommendations.

6 little remarks:

Rachel said...

I love King of Kong, too!!!! Trekkies is the best--remember when I wanted to watch Trekkies II and NP said no thanks? yikes!

Emily S said...

You really made me want a granola bar . . . then I realized I actually have one, hooray, the day is saved! Yes, fiber is lovely cause it makes me feel full for 20 minutes instead of 2, so along those lines one of my favorite things is Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Not usually on sale, but if it stops me from eating something else . . .

henderson said...

Kite Runner: The book is AMAZING, and I loved the movie. For what it is worth, I watched the movie before I read the book...and loved the movie. As book to movie goes, they left a lot out that you won't know you are missing if you just watch it first! ;)s

Tannie Datwyler said...

I'm so glad you liked Star Trek! I REALLY wanted to see it, but I was worried that it was going to be too racy. I will go see it now! Thanks for the tip. :)

Felicity said...

I'll have to try these granola bars. I usually go with the Fiber One bar--much the same, I'd guess. I can buy them in bulk at Sam's Club and they're my breakfast of choice most days of the week :)

Tiff said...

You have just made me wish I was more productive. I read that Saturday snippet and wanted to take a nap. Holy Moses. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin