Wednesday, June 3, 2009

3 Year Anniversary


Today is exactly 3 years since my first date with Joe.

I'd be lying if I said that the date went perfectly smoothly and it was love and infatuation at first sight. But it was a nice date, and I was definitely crushing on him, and was embarrassed about the text message I'd sent him. We talked easily and he held my hand and said "I hope this isn't freaking you out" and it wasn't really. We drank sobe and roasted hot dogs and hiked.

And pretty much from that first date we were a couple. We went to Sugarhouse park a couple days later to feed ducks, and I met his best friends a week later when we went to a play at Hale Center Theatre--and he kissed me in that first week and told me he loved me sometime very soon in those early weeks. And it was a crazy that those things didn't freak me out. But they didn't. I just liked him a lot and loved him. And almost 15 months from to the day from our first date, we got married. And that was great too.

I love you Joe. I'm really glad you decided we needed to 'stoke the fire'. I can't believe it's been 3 years. And thanks especially for making it a priority that we still date--once a week, keeping the fun and excitement from dating alive. I love that a lot.

p.s. if you don't get the stoke the fire reference, click the link in this post and it'll take you to the story of how Joe ended up asking me out. Evidence that you shouldn't hide your crush on a guy and hope he'll figure it out, telling him straight up worked for me. :) I heart text messaging.

5 little remarks:

Tannie Datwyler said...

How fun!! I think it goes so fast - I have been married for 6 years! Whew!

I love that picture of you and Joe - red is very striking on you.

Ali said...

Happy Anniversary! Time flies when life is bliss :)

Emily S said...

I remember when you first started dating Joe . . . Josh was a newborn and we were in California, so we IM'd about it. Seems like so long ago, so glad it worked out great!

Painty (aka Melinda) said...

I loved your meeting/dating story with the text message. so sweet! Ha ha, and that part about you inviting Joe to go hiking with the boy who was asking you on the date--we must be kindred spirits! I did that kind of thing to poor Jacob, and pretty much all the guys who tried to ask me out. oops.
You are a cute couple.

Kellee said...

It's official. I'm in love with your blog. :) You guys have the cutest stories!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin