Wednesday, June 17, 2009

If I had a kitchen like this I might cook dinner 5+ days a week...might

Right now we live in a basement apartment, which has one window in the main living area and can be quite dark. It's really not that big of a deal since we work most of the day and on the weekends we like to be outside in the sun or out visiting friends and family anyway. And though I would like to keep the low rent of our basement apartment forever, seeing pictures like this makes me itch to get into a starter home and remodel like a madwoman.

What's not to love...white cabinets, nice big windows....deep sink...subway tile...sky blue paint...and bright accessories. Seriously. I LOVE this kitchen. Click the link to see more pictures. This blog always showcases such lovely remodels.


For now I'm trying to be content reupholstering furniture, stripping/sanding/restaining other furniture, buying art for the walls, and picking up organizers at IKEA--all in hopes that someday when we do move into our own place we'll have some decent furnishings to decorate with.

What do you think? Do you like a kitchen with all white cabinets?

Did you notice I'm trying to stick to my blogging schedule? It's really helping me be more organized amidst all my randomness---so much to blog about.

9 little remarks:

Diane said...

Anna,
I LOVE this kitchen too! Actually I was just talking to a friend today about how I want to pain all of our kitchen cabinets white in our house. I really like the bright, cheerful, open feeling of the white. Oh and PS our house is in Riverton.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh, I LOVE this! I like the brightness of it - I'm kind of sick of all the "dark wood" that is in - it looks depressing to me.

Ali said...

So funny you ask, cause just today I thought to myself (as I was cleaning spaghetti sauce off the white cabinet in our apt), "I hope I always can have white cabinets in a kitchen"- it is SO much easier to SEE the dirt and clean it up as you see it...with wood, or dark cabinets- it would mask it and you'd have to clean every couple of months the whole thing and would be in disguist/shock at how gross they really were! That's one thing I hate about our countertops- they are so dark it's SO hard to see the dirt, and when I think I've wiped them, I get eye level with them and there's a million crumbs just waiting for ants to approach- I hate it!! Wow, I had a lot to say about this. All white, bright kitchens are my fav too!

Leilani said...

YES! And we have white cabinets right now, but the paint isn't glossy enough to make clean-up easy. I would love a kitchen like this.

Jessie said...

I LOVE this kitchen, as well! I've been thinking about painting our kitchen blue since we moved in. I love white cabinets, too. Love how open it feels, too.

Kacey said...

that kitchen is gorgeous. i love the white with pops of color.

Mandi said...

Although they look beautiful in magazines and on home dec and DIY shows, white cabinets just do not stay clean (speaking from experience, here). Especially not with kids.

But I do really like the layout, especially the island with two stools.

*sigh* Someday we'll both be in houses--hooray!

Ellen said...

Do you know Steve and Allison too? (Steve did this kitchen.)

Steve is SO amazing! I am constantly in awe of his work.

emily said...

I am SO SO SO in LOVE! IT's AMAZING.

I can't get over how clean and classy it looks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin