Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quiet Book Tutorial: Update

I know some people are antsy for the quiet book tutorial...

It begins this week. I started the page last night and it should be quick to wrap up (hopefully tomorrow).

I've been unmotivated to work on it because we're waiting for a new camera charger to come in the mail so I can take photos. Up til now I've had to take photos with my husband's iphone. For such an amazing phone it surely has a terrible camera.

And in case you're curious, the first page is going to be "G is for Garden" and so so cute.

And while I'm on the quiet book topic, a couple people have been curious about how I'm going to bind it (good question, very trick) and I've settled on 3 hole "punching" each page. And by punch I mean button hole. And then to loop through those button holes I was going to use d-rings, until I saw this brilliant idea. You can view the awesome well planned out covered binder tutorial. I think a binder will give it strength, but I still want it to be cute. But choosing fabric---that'll be tricky.

So if you want to get started you could start with a covered binder. First page tutorial coming soon, pending camera charger arrival. Hopefully it'll go more smoothly from here on out--about a page a week.

2 little remarks:

emily said...

LOVE THIS IDEA!

Kaela said...

I love this notebook! I have had quite a few quiet book ideas, but I am almost afraid to start them until I see yours. I have a feeling yours is going to be goooood! Your kids are going to be so lucky:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin