Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sale at Joann's: You should stock up for your quiet book

Joanns is having a great Independence Day sale starting tomorrow and going through...the 5th I think.

Here are the highlights (related to quiet books, note: they may have some other stuff on sale that is not advertised)

  • Yarn (prices vary dep. on brand)
  • 50% off Notions wall (get extra bobbins for all those different thread colors, snaps, buttons, velcro, etc...)
  • 50% off sewing and quilting tools (I'll be getting a rotary cutter blade since mine is getting dull)...and if you don't already own a pair of Gingher scissors, get some---they make cutting felt about a million times easier than my kitchen scissors.
  • McCalls Patters $0.99 each (normally 5.25-16.95 each)---okay not quiet book related, but that's an amazing sale.
  • 50% off plastic storage--I finally got some storage to keep all the thread, buttons, snaps, etc...organized. It's amazing. I love it.
  • $0.99 fat quarters (reg. 1.29-1.49 each). This means that after coupons they are $0.89 each....and since you can get 2 page backgrounds out of each that comes to $0.45 per page.
  • 50% Interfacing by the yard--this is what I used to give added strength to the flowers. I anticipate using a lot more so I'll be buying some of that
  • 40% off home decor fabric---I was thinking about using something heavier weight and possibly using outdoor fabric for the cover of the quiet book--outdoor fabric (you know the kind for patio furniture cushions) should be easier to wipe off than regular cotton quilting fabric
  • 30% of Floss Packs (cross-stich floss) if you plan on stitching your words on the quiet book
In addition to the sale, I got a 10% off your total purchase coupon (including sale items) in my ad (mailing list, not newspaper, but check your newspaper too)

My ad also has a 40% off any one regular priced item--which could come in handy if I spot something I want that isn't already on sale (this would be great for getting your big cut of felt with for the background of the pages)

So there you go. I love a sale. And I love crafting. So what is more fun than a crafting sale!?

1 little remarks:

Kaela said...

Just have to say I am lu-hoving these crafting, and money saving posts!!! Thank you!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin