Thursday, September 3, 2009

Confession: I'm a total musical theatre geek

I love musical theatre. In my dreams I can sing like Sutton Foster and perform on Broadway.

However, I wasn't blessed with an incredible voice. Just a high school musical chorus/sing in a quartet in church type of voice. I miss my theatre fix. I did a lot of it in junior high and high school, never the lead, but that's okay, i still had fun. And when you're not the lead you just get to sing and dance and not worry about learning lines. Awesomeness. I still get all nostalgic when I hear music from Hello Dolly or Anything Goes.

So I still love it. And since my husband has a killer voice I look forward to someday doing community theatre with him or performing in church talent shows together. But right now he works evenings and its impossible.

So this fall I'm planning on getting my theatre fix by watching Fox's new TV show Glee. I am filled with glee just watching the pilot, which is on hulu. If you are a big musical theatre fan you should go watch the pilot and get excited for fall. I love good TV. Really love it.

Here's is a clip of the final musical number in the pilot. Love it. Doesn't it make you want to get up and dance?! (Sidenote: Emily S -- this song will forever and always remind me of you and Gary and your wedding. Best wedding musical number ever)

10 little remarks:

*Liese said...

I am so excited for GLEE as well! And I had no idea you were in "Hello, Dolly," but I definitely remember being in "Anything Goes" together; such good times.

Ali said...

Watching this, I got chills.

henderson said...

Okay, I am also TOTALLY pumped about this!! When we first saw a commercial Dave turned to me and said: there's your perfect show. To which I replied: dang straight!! Can't wait!

Tannie Datwyler said...

So I never watch television as in NEVER. So I hadn't heard of this show. I may have to break down and watch a show one night a week. :) When is it starting and what night/time is it on?

Anna said...

Tannie--looks like it's going to be Wednesdays at 8pm on Fox starting next Wednesday (episode 2 is next Wed, episode 1 is online).

Kacey said...

we saw the pilot when it was originally on tv months ago...and have been waiting impatiently for it to start ever since. we downloaded the songs so we can put them on full blast and sing at the top of our lungs!

Derek and Jamie said...

WOW! I'm a fan. We're not familiar with anything on tv these days being as how our tv doesn't work except for movies. I'll have to watch hulu for the episodes.

Kellee said...

I think I can still do some of the dances from Anything Goes. Good times. And I'm freaking excited for this show!!

Emily S said...

Haha - I was also reminded of my wedding when I'd see this promoted during American Idol . . . who would have thought such a song would bring up such romantic feelings in a person?

Kaela said...

I've watched the first episode three times now, which soooo is not like me. I can't wait either!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin