Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I like winning things...also making money

A few weeks ago I blogged about Expo.com, a website where people post video reviews mainly about products they've tried. The reviews are positive and negative--just honest feedback. For example, I did this review about my Canon point and shoot camera--it has been watched 63 times.

Now I don't just post reviews because I'm altruistic. They pay me. Very cool. You can make money doing videos for expo in a couple of ways:

  • Post any old review, every time someone watches it you get a penny (not the biggest money maker, my camera review has made me all of $0.63).
  • They have "assignments" where they talk about specific products (Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal) or groups of products (outdoors gear) that they want reviews on. If you are one of the first, say, 100 people to do a review on that you get paid a decent amount. Like $10. These assignments are posted on their main page and you can upload them during the window given
  • Sometimes you'll get an email from expo inviting you complete a specific assignment by a specific date for a specified amount (for example they asked me to do a video after I got back from the store talking about what products I bought, why, my general shopping experience, etc..., and I think they paid me $10)
You can also get free stuff:
  • They have a "tryology" program where if you qualify they'll send you free product, you try it out and then post a review. So far I've gotten free detergent and lotion. Exciting.
  • Sometimes to motivate people to do reviews (or to do them faster) they'll giveaway gift cards too. This is why I'm writing this post because today I was informed that I won one of these drawings and I'm getting.....drumroll please....a $100 target gift card. I'm so completely excited!!
Anyway, if you have a camera that takes video you should try out expo. I get credit for referring you...like $5 or $10 when you upload your first video. So if you decide to do it I'd appreciate it if you signed up using my referral link.
Anyway it's not oodles and oodles of money, but it's also not oodles and oodles of time. If you sign up, let me know, I'd love to see your videos. :)

1 little remarks:

Kim said...

Sounds cool! I signed up under you.

Thanks for the info.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin