Monday, September 14, 2009

It's an obsession

DC. How I love thee.

I love politics. Always have. I got my BA in and almost got a PhD in Political Science. And because I love statistics so much I sometimes wonder how I never gravitated toward math & statistics. But coming to DC reminds me of the pull politics has, and always has had for me. It's energizing, motivating, and completely fascinating.

Being here I wish that somehow, in a parallel universe, I live and work here full time. I wish Josh Lyman & President Bartlett were my coworkers...or maybe I'd be speech writing with Rob Lowe...or doing random tasks with Donna (if you don't understand these references, you need to netlix "The West Wing". Pronto).

And for all of you who don't know me quite as well and are puzzled by this political obsession (and wondering how that fits in with everything else I blog about constantly), I'll just say this. The one job I want more than anything is to be first lady---planning parties, decorating the White House, and having excuses to wear fancy ball gowns, while also taking on pet policy projects (like early childhood education). Yeah, that sounds like the perfect job for me.

Anyway, yes, we're in DC...and I'm so tempted to get a job, buy a house, and never leave.

4 little remarks:

*Liese said...

So, if you want to be the first lady, how does Joe feel about being President?

Derek said...

Can you swing by NY on your way home? We'd love to see you! Hope you guys are having a blast.

Ariel said...

I hear you sister. I think the first lady has a great job. I hope you are having a good time taking in the political scene. Give DC a shout out for me.

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

Why be tempted? Just do it! ;-) I love it here!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin