Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Quiet Book Tutorial: Embroidering Words

I finally got around to gathering the embroidery supplies and practicing. I'm sure I won't be winning blue ribbons at any state fiars, but it gets the job done.

I used this embroidery tutorial, it's really very simple.

Also, a disappearing ink sewing pen (or similar fabric marker, soap, etc...) are really crucial to help you keep the letters straight and similarly sized. I didn't trace a font or anything...just drew out letters myself.

I actually found that I really enjoy embroidery. In fact I'm off to do some more on the K page right now :)

Anyway, follow the tutorial and look at the pictures below (sorry they are terrible. I live in a basement and it's nighttime anyhow). Let me know if you have any questions.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

2 little remarks:

emily said...

I LOVE IT! Your embroidery looks fabulous! I just started some this weekend, and I'm loving it too! My friend just did a Martha embroidery project on a canvas bag that I might have to do someday when I'm done with all the other projects I'm working on.

p.s. LOVED the tabletop photography idea! I'm going to have to look into it a bit more.

Lola....L..O..L..A....lo--oh--luh! said...

I'm loving your quiet book! You are very creative, and talented. Thanks for linking to my binder cover....I actually have an easier binder cover tutorial on Modabakeshop. There is a link to it on my blog if you are interested.

ps. I get a lot of hits from your site...thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin