Friday, October 16, 2009

Remember How I've Said I'd Get Back to Normal Posting?

Well...things have been stressful.

#1: Taxes
Our taxes finally were sent off yesterday, last day possible. Filing in 2 states when you husband is self-employed and some of your employment neglects to sent a W-2 or 1099 = nightmare with much frustration and crying (me, not Joe). I HATE filing taxes, it's just way way to complicated. And I'm a smart girl, but gosh, too complicated. I'm willing to pay if I have to I just hate preparing them. Bleh. But it's over, not to be attempted again for 6 months.

#2: Broken Washer
Anyway, with that giant stressor off my plate I just need to get a new washer. Our current washer which is almost 2 years old and sat in a garage for like 9 months of those 2 years, is dead. It will cost $200 to fix. I hate this washer and I hate Consumer Reports for leading me astray. Since Joe and I have been married 2 years and will be buying our 3rd washer, we're being rather cautious about the decision--and you better bet we're paying extra for an extended warranty. Sheesh. Thanks to my mom and friends for offers to use your washers.

#3: Other Stuff
Anyway, these two things, combined with some others I will not post about....have led to a tired, unmotivated Anna. I really do miss posting. And also making progress on projects. But I have been getting much enjoyment out of reading my Good Housekeeping, Better Homes and Gardens, and Real Simple magazines. So many projects to do, so little time.

Anyway, I'm very happy for the weekend.

Tonight Joe performs with his A Capella group, that's hot. I love to watch him. That + Laundry at my mom's = Hot Friday Night Date.

Then tomorrow my dear friend Helena is going to help me make some freezer meals so I can stress less about dinner -- I like how she's helping me be less stressed and she's 8 months pregnant. So by Saturday afternoon we'll both have some good meals prepared. Hooray.

Saturday night we celebrate my friend Stacie's birthday, good times.

And Sunday, thankfully, is the day of rest.

Happy Weekend.

I hope you are all up to something equally lovely.

5 little remarks:

Kacey said...

ugh...not being able to do laundry at your leisure is such a pain! if you're looking for a good model, we bought the whirlpool cabrio washer and dryer in may...and we LOVE them. energy efficient and they work so well. (we bought ours at costco.com)

emily said...

Oh dear friend, I'm so sorry for how hectic it's been! I can really idenfity with the stress of everything + wanting to post x the square root of limited time = bleh. And also bleh bleh bleh.

My best wishes to you this weekend! I look forward to when things slow down for us both.

Derek and Jamie said...

Sorry you've had such a rough time lately. I hope it goes smoother in the weeks to come. I would love to get some of those recipes for freezer meals as I have been trying to find some to prepare before this baby comes in about two weeks, AAHH! if you wouldn't mind?

Ali said...

Life is oh-so frustrating when our day-to-day appliances aren't working right! It's hard enough to keep up when they are! How did they do it back in the day?!

Charayne said...

Ok cutie, what can I do to help?? That stinks about your washer. Call me and we'll get together. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin