Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wooden Toys

I tell you what makes me happy, toys for kids that are pretty too.
And I'm pretty wild about wooden toys. Here are some that have caught my eye lately:

I'm pretty sure that I MUST HAVE this wooden teether. It's so beautiful it's ridiculous. Although after all that teething chomping it might be slightly less beautiful.



And if my child has blocks to play with .... why not this $14 NYC block set? It makes me want to get down on the ground and drive cars through that cityscape too....and rejoice that when we put them away they'd look pretty on the shelf.


And bless you IKEA for having affordable and cute baby/kids toys. The rest are from IKEA--go get one and buy yourself a snack while you are there....frozen yogurt. Those cinnamon rolls always smell good too, but they don't taste as good as they smell. Anyway, off topic...IKEA toys below.

I guess every baby would like a baby gym....you know, when you aren't mobile and want to grab stuff, but everything is too far away, yeah I could see that it would make you happy. And this one is pretty, which would make this mom happy.



There are lots of stackable ring toys out there. I like this one because it's colorful but solidly made.

And I swear I've played with one of these before...but perhaps it was babysitting. Regardless banging on things seems to make kids happy....so why not bang on something that's made to be?


I just like it, that's all.


And I played with soooooooo many of these at Dr. offices...which now that I think about it was probably rather germ infested. Maybe we'll just get our child one of their own.


And I still want this kitchen. And I want the little pots & pans that go with it....and a boatload of felt food. Luckily this is a toy for an older kid because I don't think I'll have any time for felt food while finishing up the quiet book & sewing things for the baby.


In other news, the 2nd trimester has been much better to me than the first. I feel better (physically and emotionally) and I have more energy. I've been getting so much done (like cooking, going to the store, and even going to the gym!). It's been amazing. I hope to finish at least one quiet book page this weekend. Post to come.

5 little remarks:

Ali said...

I love wodden toys as well...they just seem so timeless! That's why I also love Melissa and Doug, but circo brand from Target is doing a bunch of melissa and doug knockoffs for even cheaper. Make sure you check those out!! Gotta love knockoffs.

Charayne said...

I love the "classic" toys as well. Some things never go out of style. Good luck gathering all things baby. :) Can't wait to see the little one.

Leilani said...

I'm loving that NYC block set. And Ikea is the best. Ditto on the cinnamon rolls taste. Such a shame. Glad you're feeling better!

Stephanie Ford said...

We have the Muji NYC block set, and I love it, but I wouldn't recommend it until your little one is at least two. The pieces are small. The cars are especially tiny. But you could always buy it now and save it for later!

graham and heather said...

I saw those city block sets, I am totally getting one or two for my little guy for his birthday!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin