Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cupcake Craze Part 2: Cupcake Trees & a Cupcake Book

Recently my friend Helena bought me a cupcake tree...I'm brainstorming some sort of even to use it. Maybe a girls night party once I'm settled in my new apartment...we could eat cupcakes and paint our toenails. Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

I'm pretty sure this is the same cupcake tree Helena gave me, part of the Martha Stewart Collection at Macys.

And while we're on the topic of cupcakes, here is a book of 101 Gourmet Cupcakes written by a woman Joe knows. One of the great things about the cookbook is that the cupcakes are meant to be fast/easy and can utilize a cake mix to cut down on the time. I've had the orange creamsicle and pink lemonade cupcakes from this book (Thanks Holly!) and they were tasty. 


6 little remarks:

*Liese said...

I'm a sucker for cupcakes as well. We have a local place that makes some (25 Main), but they're nothing like that Cocoa Bean place you mentioned! I'm oozing with jealousy. Have you seen the Hello Cupcake! book?? It's fabulous. I bought one from a school book order for $9 and was pleased as punch.

Jessie said...

Cupcakes are perfect for baby showers! Besides the real ones, have you seen the onesie cupcake decorations? So fun.

But if you're set on the toenail painting party, do it before you get too far into the third trimester--I painted mine the other day, and I could hardly breathe the whole time I was working on it. Gotta love babies, right? :)

Scarehaircare said...

The BEST cupcake recipe is Magnolia Bakery's vanilla cupcake. You can find in listed under Epicuriosities on my blog under a post about The Love Magnet's birthday tea party. yes, the cupcakes are pink frosted and displayed on a cupcake tree. And we painted fingernails. And made tea party hats. And posed for pictures.

Charayne said...

Oh I just love cupcakes....YUM! I think that they are one of my favorite confectionery delights. Recently I've been making my own cupcake picks. So fun and it makes them just so darling! Oh and I want a cupcake tower!!!:)

Frenchy chick said...

I do love cupcakes too. come see my blog and be blog buddies.
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

Frenchy chick said...

Love the cupcake tower. I use mine all the time!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin