Monday, March 29, 2010

Names...baby names

On reason to be super happy we're having a baby girl is that I have a much harder time with boys names. People keep asking me what we're naming the baby so I thought I'd share.

For a while we though Evelynn until I found out it was tied for fastest rising baby name on popularity charts....now I'm wary. I really don't want her to have the same name as everyone else in kindergarten class.

For sure her middle name will be Abigail, named after Joe's Aunt Gayle whom he loved and who passed away about 10 years ago.

Anyway, for now we think her name will be....

Everly Abigail B____.

We like it. It's girly and feminine but not too trendy.

And I still have about 9 weeks to decide if i want to change my mind.
But we've been pretty stuck on Everly for a while now. So I think it'll win out.

65 days is just not that long...

8 little remarks:

Brooke said...

How exciting! That name is beautiful. I love Abigail and hope to name one of my girls Abigail and call her Abbey. And look at you all ready with a name 2 months before the big day. Amazing! I hope you're feeling and sleeping o.k.

REIJA said...

I actually really love that name. It sounds nice on the tongue.

Beazer said...

I hadn't realized that Evelyn was so popular, but I guess I did just have a friend name their baby Evelyn...

I've never heard of Everly. Where did you come across it? Very cute.

Jessie said...

Very pretty, and I agree, just the right amount of feminine. I love it, and am excited to meet her (even if it is just online... :)).

Will you call her Everly, or Evie? Because if you plan on shortening it, it's about the same as if you'd named her Evelynn. Just something to think about.

Teresa said...

Cute name! I love it.

*Aliese* said...

Oh my goodhess, Anna, I LOVE it!!! Seriously. LOVE it. Speaking as a teacher who encounters literally hundreds of names each year, this may rank in my top favorite 10-15. Partially because I've NEVER heard the name Everly before and partially because it reminds me of my mom's cousin, Beverly, whom I really enjoy.

Ali said...

Beautiful... I like E names :)

Diane said...

Wow! only 9 weeks left. It seems like it has gone so fast. Probably not for you but it seems like it to me. I hope you can stay comfortable this last little while! :) At least you don't have to go through the HOT months pregnant. Best wishes and I really like the name.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin