Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Quiet Book Tutorial: D is for Drawing

This page is nearly done so I thought I'd post it.

It was one of the most simple pages to make and I love how it turned out. As you can see its just a blue pocket (to store sheets of paper) and then a bunch of brown skinny pockets to store crayons. I found these twistable crayons (no paper to tear off!) at the dollar store. I stitched it by hand but I'd recommend whipping out the machine and saving yourself some time.

Add a little stitching for words...and now all I need is to add the letter D.

And there you have it. D is for Drawing. :)

Update: I've now added the D and bound the pages together. And took a picture with better lighting (phew):

2 little remarks:

Ali said...

How are you going to stitch the D on the pocket if it's already sewn on? Tricky stuff. I ran into some of that when I made the puppets and I got stuck with the needle more than enough times...ergh.

Way cute page...I really want to make a crayon roll and I bought twistables to make it for...SO cool!

Alison said...

So I am making a quiet book for my son right now, and I love your refreshing new take on it!! You have some very cool ideas!! I love your blog and am your newest follower!

Alison
http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin