Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sometimes I craft: A Custom Kindle Cover

I wish i could report that I got a Kindle and I'm so excited I made myself a cute cover.

But in reality what happened was my mom got a Kindle for Christmas and was super nice to let me take it on my work trip to Oxford. It was a lifesaver for making plane rides go quickly.

[Sidenote: On that trip --and right after I read the Thirteenth Tale  by Diane Setterfield (I'd give it 3/4 stars), I also read the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Shaffer and Annie Barrows (I'd give it the same 3/4 stars), and also The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (again 3/4 stars). Overall they were all good books that I'd recommend--entertaining, clean, good fiction...but none of them were the ones I'd rave about.]

Anyway, to thank my mom I wanted to create a Kindle cover for her (I carried it around wrapped in bubble wrap...not the best). I used this tutorial, with a few tweaks. It turned out pretty good, but not perfect. My mom is happy and was able to take her tutorial (and read 2 of the above listed books!) on her trip.

It was a nice short crafting project. These pictures of it are not the best...oh well.






Oh and for the record I LOVED the Kindle for traveling. It was a dream. If I were a frequent business traveler I'd declare it a must have. But for a regular woman who doesn't travel much it'd definitely be a luxury and I won't be getting one any time soon.

3 little remarks:

*Aliese* said...

That is VERY cool. I love the fabric choices! I just may have to make one for my MIL who got one for her birthday this year...

Kaela said...

Cuteness!! So jealous you have a kindle:) Way to go!

Krystal the Pistol said...

oooh awesome! You'll want a kindle for sure when you've got your sweet baby. It makes feeding go by much faster! Oh and are you on goodreads? I want to be your friend if you are! If you aren't, please join!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin