Monday, June 21, 2010

Organizing Your Recipes...and making them pretty too

Everyone has different ways to organize their recipes--online, sheets of paper stuffed in a folder, note cards...etc...

Personally I have cookbooks, I log online to pull up recipes from websites or my email, call my mom to hunt them down...etc... It's not currently much of a system. But today I saw this recipe card generator online and I LOVE it. I love that I can unify my recipes to look similar (and CUTE). The only downfall is that if recipes are too long they won't fit...but in that case I could just use a regular 4 x 6 or print one of these blank and handwrite it in.

Anyway, here's an example of how a recipe turns out if you use it, cute right?


So I'll keep my cookbooks, and when I try new recipes I'll go online or use my magazines to walk through it, but for those tried and true recipes that I love and want to use again and again I think I'll print them out using this darling recipe card generator.

Now I just need to buy a recipe box ...guess I'll have to add it to my "I want, but don't necessarily need, list", I like this one from Amazon:
So how do you organize your recipes?

3 little remarks:

Beazer said...

We have a 3-ring binder that I'm collecting everything we regularly cook from in. It is so nice to just go to one place! So, I've been printing from the internet or tearing out pages from magazines and putting them in sheet protectors. It's not very cute, but sometimes fast, easy, and collected is all I can manage!

ps -- keep posting baby pics

*Aliese* said...

I've decided to create a recipe blog (just like with all other aspects of my life) because then I can access the recipes we use frequently and enjoy from our phones at the grocery store--since I'm not always awesome at making a menu and list beforehand. I only put the recipes on the blog that we like and have made before. It does list them in the order I post them, but I have a "category cloud" at the top which makes it really easy to find the recipes. I've also added pictures so that others who may be interested have something to prove its yumminess. If you're interested, smallfryfoods.blogspot.com is the site.

Mandi said...

Thanks for the post, Anna. This will now be one of my "after the baby comes" projects. I can't wait!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin