Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Check This Out: One Line A Day Journal

Journaling is a struggle for a lot of us. This journal makes it easy.

It has a day for each page (and five slots on each page...one for each year). Each slot is quite small, just enough for a very small paragraph. The idea, at least in my mind, is to remember more the everyday happenings of each day. It's likely I'll record big events with the camera/blog/photo books...but I may not remember the day that Everly grabbed her baby gym handle on her own for the first time or the day that Joe and I went and fed the ducks at Sugarhouse Park. I also love that it has 5 years worth on a single day...so for special days you can quickly browse over what you did each year on that day (i.e. on anniversaries, birthdays, holidays). And it's more likely that I'll record moments/memories instead of deeply personal thoughts--so it's something I'll happily let my posterity read later on.


Anyway, when Amazon offered me a $5 credit via email I used it to help purchase this journal and it arrived today. It's been on my want list for a while. I plan on keeping it on my coffee table and filling it out at the end of the day as I wind down. If you want one you can find it (and look inside) on Amazon for less than $12. Winner. You might also want to look at this "One Sketch A Day" if you are more visually minded...I think it'd be a great project for an elementary school aged child.

What's that? Pictures of journals are boring? Oh okay here's one of a cute baby then. If you read the family blog you'll have already seen this one:


1 little remarks:

Julie said...

This is brilliant! I think I will get one for both girls. So much less intimidating than a regular journal with a giant blank page!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin