Friday, October 29, 2010

50 in 500: Start a recipe file of favorites

I had recipes online, recipes in cookbooks, recipes on random pieces of paper...and I finally got around to taking some of my very favorites and putting them on cards in a little bamboo box.

I will still find new recipes by digging through cookbooks, browsing the web/blogs, checking email for recipes from friends, and tearing recipes out of magazines, but there's something nice about having all my favorites in one place, on cute little cards. It's how my mom did it...in her stuff to the max recipe box stored in that cabinet above the stove...actually I need to go raid her recipe box for a few more to add to the list...like cheesy potato soup.
Oh and for the recipe cards I ended up using that recipe card generator I blogged about previously.

And that makes #3 on my list of 50 things to do in 500 days...done and done.
Posted by Picasa

1 little remarks:

Jessie said...

I know you're off dairy, but when you go back on, I would like to highly, HIGHLY recommend the potato soup on crackpot365... it is AMAZING. So good. Mmm.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin