Monday, October 18, 2010

Reusable Produce Bags

I'm not miss super green always good for the environment...but I try to do little things.

Like today I bought reusable produce bags. I love having reusable grocery sacks (even if I don't remember to take them each and every time I go), but when I remember them I still end up with a bunch of those plastic produce sacks...and they just pile up...and I don't reuse them so they go in the garbage.

It's all just so very wasteful. Making a plastic sack just to transport produce home and store it for a short time.

So today I finally got around to buying some reusable produce sacks. I saw these ones on Amazon. They are cute and had good reviews...and since I get free 2 day shipping with my Amazon Mom membership...they'll be here Wednesday.

What do you guys think? Do those little plastic sacks make you crazy too? I know I'm not the only one.

4 little remarks:

Stephanie said...

I have been thinking about getting some. Please post how you like them!

painty (Melinda) said...

That's a good idea. I do use my produce bags however. I use them as diaper disposal bags for changing diapers on the go, or for the stinky ones that need to go straight to the outside garbage but I don't want to risk the contents leaking in my garbage can. Just thought I'd share. :)

Julie said...

Yes, they do drive me crazy. Thanks for the link. I may put this on my Christmas list.

Tannie Datwyler said...

What a GREAT idea! I always use my green bags, but you are right, there are always a lot of little plastic produce bags.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin