Monday, October 11, 2010

This was so amazing

What is this? It is a delicious carmely, sweet, salty, crunchy, soft...pastry deliciousness.

The crunchy surprised me most of all. I had no idea the exterior would be so hard...but have I mentioned it's AMAZING. 

On Saturday I cheated on my "cutting down dairy" and went to Les Madeleines bakery in SLC (the photo is from their website). This pastry, the Kouing Aman is their specialty. I'd been wanting to try it out since hearing it as on the Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" (and seeing the episode)...so I used a $10 groupon I had and went their with Helena and our kiddos on Saturday. 

{Sidenote: Have you still not checked out groupon...it's a great way to get things in your town for cheap, like I paid only $5 for this $10 groupon. I got 4 movie tickets for $20 the other day. A discount for the Gap recently. And today it's tickets to the Utah Symphony if that's your sort of thing. It's not my sort of thing...I can pretend I'm refined, but if I have a babysitter we're going to the movies or out to eat for a baby free meal}

Anyway the Kouing Aman was so incredible I keep thinking about the second groupon I have and when I can take Joe down and go...I also think the chocolate fudgey cupcake I got was amazing...like brownie trufflish in texture...with this crazy good icing.

Next time I'll take my camera and take pictures of myself enjoying this decadence.

If you live near SLC, go now, you won't regret it. Even if you eat too much decadence in a short time frame and get a tummy ache...even then you'll be dreaming about that chewy, light, fluffy, salty, sweet, buttery pastry...seriously.

1 little remarks:

*Aliese* said...

My cousin has blogged about this very thing and now makes a version of it because she loves it so much! I may have to try it now...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin