Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The 14...er...7 Days of Valentines (Joe...no peeking)

For those unfamiliar you can read about the 14 days of Valentine's and other Valentine's related posts, here. In short--do something small and thoughtful each of the first 14 days of February. What you do each day will vary--depending on the love language of the person you are planning for and your budget.

Key to the 14 days of valentines is planning ahead (last minute will just make it stressful and not fun, so plan now). A few days ago I sketched out my ideas and decided to just do 7 days this year because my life is particularly hectic as of late.

This morning I made these cute little tags to put on each day's gift...to give it a cohesive feel. Terrible photo quality brought to you by my cell phone.

You'll notice our 7 Days of Valentine's is pretty low key and low budget this year, Joe's love language isn't presents so this is right up his alley. And each day will take me very little time, which is what I really need this year. And in the end it'll make both of us smile. I love doing this for him. And I'm excited for Everly to grow up watching me do it.

7 Days of Valentine's - 2011

Day 1: The only one for me -- love note for Joe in his car so he'll find it on his way to work
Day 2: Two hands to give you a nice massage after baby goes to sleep.
Day 3: Baby makes three-- a picture of the newest member of our family (for his office)
Day 4: Shut the front door!! On our way out tonight! An invitation with plans for our date.
Day 5: Keeping romance alive -- a coupon for him to cash in for one night when I will drop everything and spend my time doing just what he wants (no laundry, cooking, working, blogging, nothing...just what Joe wants). I'll probably attach this to something tasty like dark chocolate and IBC rootbeer.
Day 6: Six is good...an inside joke. I won't elaborate because it's too intimate, but he will love it.
Day 7: Dinner from heaven! A menu for dinner that night. It's an easy menu but foods he loves:

  • Creamy crock pot chicken, recipe roughly this one.
  • Salad
  • Macaroni Grill style sourdough bread
  • Sparkling cider
  • Flourless chocolate cake (Lena...I need your recipe)

Looking for more ideas? Check my cousin Carrie's post (I originally got the idea from her), look at my previous valentine's posts (link above), or you can check out my friend Emily's post here.

If you have someone special in your life are you jumping on the bandwagon? It'll be fun, I promise.

3 little remarks:

Helena said...

I know number 6! totally sharable in my book. hahaha

Meredith said...

I'm going to try and get my butt in gear this year and get organized to do this! What is this Macaroni Grill style sourdough bread you talk about? Is it something you buy? Email me at mer.christensen@gmail.com. We love sourdough bread!

Tiff said...

Okay. You talked me into it. ;)

Although, I'm on your bandwagon - 7 Days is something I can handle.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin