Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011-- It's going to be a good one.

Tis the season for resolutions. I'm not making many. In general I'm a continual goal maker / to do list writer, and here are a few on my mind at the turn of the New Year.

1) I plan on continuing to work on the 50 things to complete in 500 days. This week I almost completed one (No eating out for an entire week, for any meals, for either of us. We almost made it too, til Saturday night I caved and ate Cafe Rio...oh well).

2) Write more letters. I wrote 2 last week. I like this resolution very much. Have you written a letter yet? Do it, it'll make you feel good.

3) Exercise at least 3 days a week.  I will try to work out 6 days a week, but life happens so I know that won't happen. But at a minimum 3 days will be done. I recently purchased Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred...so far so good, I will probably write a review in a month or so to tell you how it went. But I like it. It challenges me a lot, is a quick workout, and leaves me sore. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.


I have a lot of goals always running through my mind, but those are the big ones.

How bout you? What do you want to change / try in the new year?

4 little remarks:

Brooke said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! It totally kicks me even after doing it at least weekly for 10 months. I always love your goals and resolutions. They are so motivating to me.

emily said...

I just saw 30 Day Shred in the store the other day and wondered if it might be a fun post-baby workout, so I'll be interested to hear what you think as you keep on doing it.

I loved hearing all about your resolutions. I've been writing my letters to my sister Jordan and it's been fun to get into that habit rather than just shooting her a quick email.

YAY for resolutions!

Andrea said...

I will have to try this Jilliam Michaels thing. One of my NYR's is to get back in shape post baby number 3. I just need to find the time and energy to exercise. Hmmmmm.
Sidenote---
You so don't know me, in fact, I'm not quite sure how I came across your cute blog and began following it, but I actually recognized you in a photo on my friends' blog. You must know Brooke and Eric. I was going to be at that b-day party as well until my little one came down with a fever.
You also know a woman in my ward, Wendy Paul.
Small world! Maybe someday we will actually meet in person, instead of me (a random stranger) periodically commenting on your blog ;)

Beazer said...

So the day you posted this I had ordered the DVD -- I needed something until the ice is off the running trail. I tried it this morning -- now I can't even wash my hair because it requires my arms above my head. How have you felt about it?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin