Thursday, January 6, 2011

Car Seat Advice

Dear friends/readers/seasoned mothers,

Currently we are using an infant carseat (Graco snugride...hand-me-down from Joe's sister), but 3 more inches and Evs will be too big for it (and by big I mean long...she's still kind of scrawny pants on the weight side).

Buying a new seat is probably a few months off, but I'm still brainstorming (and watching for clearance deals) on the next car seat for her.

I almost bought one today on Zulily for $70 off...but decided to hold off for another month or so. So now I'm soliciting advice.

What brand of car seat to you have for your kids? What do you like (or not) about it?

Thanks as always for steering me in the right direction.

9 little remarks:

Tiff @ SuperMama101 said...

I have the Evenflo Symphony. It's a convertible - which is why I chose it. I can use it from 5 lbs to 100.

My favorite thing about it? The SureLatch connectors. They retract in themselves.. so I don't have to strain myself. :) Seriously - 3 minutes to install the seat.

One con - it's kind of bulky, but it fits in my Camry fine.

Ali said...

We chose the Britax Marathon 70 and love it! Evan is happy as a clam in it...and it's easy to adjust for height. It feels like luxury compared to my Graco one (we had the snugride too:)

Scarehaircare said...

Go subscribe to consumer reports online for one month and check out their carseat ratings. Very much worth it.

Christiansen's said...

The one they have at Costco right now is great. I am a ULTRA paranoid mom when it comes to car seats, my kids are always strapped in beyond tight and I always make sure that the car seat it self doesn't wiggle at all, what I am getting at is I know that its not the fanciest brand, but it is a good one, good price, good safety reports. I like the features about it too, easy to wipe off, just other random things. good luck

Sarah Flib said...

We have a Britax Roundabout and it has been great. It has great safety and usability ratings in Baby Bargains, and I got a great deal. We love it.

Ali said...

Ok, so I double checked today, and I actually have the Britax Boulevard. Sorry to mislead...anyway, I had to mention it cause I couldn't bear that I accidentally lied!

Krystal said...

Let me know what you decide and/or when you find a good deal! We'll need one of those soon too...

Krystal said...

Let me know when you decide and/or find a good deal! We'll need one of those soon too...

Emily S said...

I bought Josh a Britax Roundabout, LOVE it. Then we did tons of research to find a high-rated not britax seat. Ended up with Graco nautilus. Don't like it nearly as much. So for safety and a million other things, go for the britax. As far as models, the ones that are not roundabout are SO heavy, that detracts for me. So our 3rd purchase was a roundabout 50. Taller seat, but still light. and is convertible.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin