Sunday, February 13, 2011

Something you may not know about me

More than 10 years ago now (yikes!) I ran for Student Body Office. Civic Vice President. I lost, but that's okay--as part of the election process the finalists were split into two teams.

Each team had to come up with a skit for the election assembly. Hello team:

Naturally my team decided we should all dress up as superheros. Here I am talking to superman on the phone as he asks me out for a date. Unfortunately I do not have pictures of me getting kidnapped by "Big Bad Bingham Man" (Bingham HS was our rival)
But I do have pictures of us dancing...oh gracious, yes, dancing.
Often these assemblies and skits were lame. But a bunch of people dancing in unison to MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This" in super hero costumes...well I'll just say it was a mega hit.
It was a step outside my comfort zone and looking back I'm so glad I did it. Good times.

How did I not win after sporting a superwoman costume in front of 1800+ students? I don't know. What I do know is I wish I could still look that good sporting a super woman costume...sigh.

Posted by Picasa

8 little remarks:

Branden & Angelique said...

Wow! Why is it I do not remember this?! So awesome! Hey, I need an invite to your family blog! Thanks.
angeldboyles@gmail.com

*Aliese* said...

I totally remember this. I also remember voting for you. Floored, in fact, that you didn't win (still, to this day). Thanks for making me grin this morning!

Angie said...

lol! I totally remember this and the skit was awesome. Personally I was dying I was laughing so hard. Some of my favorite people are in that picture (yourself included). thanks for the funny memory!

Helena said...

I'd say the guy in the superman costume was embarrassing himself just a little bit more.

Ali said...

Wow, these pictures rock. Thanks for sharing:)

painty (Melinda) said...

Ha Ha! I vaguely remember that assembly. How fun to see you all in your costumes again!

Sky Buffat said...

What fun to look back! Now we make super hero costumes for our kids instead of sport them ourselves! :) I really enjoy your blog and passed on some blog awards- check it out at Capital B :)

Lisa said...

Wow, seriously a huge wave of nostalgia just hit me;-) I remember this assembly! I wanted to be a year older just because you guys were all so amazing...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin