Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm in love, I'm in love...and I don't care who knows it!

This post is about a mop. You heard me. A mop.

Growing up we often mopped the floor by hand. On hands and knees. It's a good way to get a really clean floor, but it takes FOREVER.

Since then I've tried different mops/techniques. Clean water/rinse water. Square spongey mop. Nicer spongey mop. And always I'm a bit grossed out by the mop.

But I can't bear to buy the swiffer. I watch that wet jet swiffer commercial and think "that looks soooo convenient". But I'm too cheap to pay for swiffer refills and would feel guilty throwing swiffer pad after swiffer pad away.

So lets review what I wanted in a mop:

  • Inexpensive
  • Clean/not gross
  • Don't need to get on hands and knees

Introducing the bestest mop ever:
It works like a swiffer, but the big pad on the bottom is reusable.

The pad velcros on and you can tear it off and wash it with your towels.

There's no need for a bucket, you just pull a trigger and the cleaner sprays on the floor. Then scrub a dub, spray spray, scrub a dub...you are done.

You can use any cleaner you want (which is good if you are conscious of the chemicals on floors near crawling little peeps) and at least for the size floor I have you don't have to refill the container very often.

This means I mop more. Lots more. Because it takes like two seconds to pull out the broom. Sweep up. Then follow with the mop. No filling up buckets, nothing. I won't tell you how often I used to mop...but uh, we'll just say I think I've mopped more since I bought this like 2 months ago than I did over the entire previous year.

True story.

It is genius.

You will fall in love too. Go get one. I found mine at Target.

And no...in case you are wondering...no one pays me to say these things. I just really love my mop. I'm weird like that.

5 little remarks:

Malinovka said...

I have been looking for a mop for forever with your same qualifications. Thanks for sharing your findings! I love hearing what other people have tried and love.

Andrea said...

That looks quite handy. I will say, it may have some stiff competition because I am in love with my monster steam mop. Mostly because I don't have to use chemicals and because the pads are washable. Love, love it!

Tara said...

I'm feeling a bit guilty because my mom has had that mop for years. We obviously should have discussed mops years earlier.

acutely cherished said...

I love this mop!!

Krystal said...

I think I want to get this mop (as you noticed by my Pinterest post :))! What cleaner do you use in it? Funny how having a little one around has suddenly made me more conscious about food choices (to go organic or not?) and cleaners!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin