Thursday, March 17, 2011

Watch this: The Power of Vulnerability

Last night I watched this video. Never mind that it was mega late and I knew I should be headed to bed. It was just so compelling. What she has to say rang true for me, in a way that little has for a long time.

It was an eye opener. And even though it's 20 minutes long I'll probably watch it again soon because it's just that good. And good things bear repeating.

I liked what she had to say so much I looked up her books on Amazon. And I must say, that since my time for reading is limited I rarely devote it to non-fiction. I'm a "reading is my escape" kind of a girl. I like fiction. So sue me. What I'm saying is that it's saying something that her books will be added to my very short "non-fiction worth reading" list.

Anyway, find time this week to slip this video in instead of one of those sitcom reruns you've got on your DVR. I think you'll be glad you did, I was.

Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability | Video on TED.com

And now I wish you were all here in my living room so we could talk about it.

1 little remarks:

Brooke said...

I listened to this a few weeks ago and LOVED LOVED LOVED it! I told Eric he is much better at being vulnerable than I am, and it is something I am going to work on. If you do get that book, would I maybe be able to borrow it at some point? :) (After you're done reading it of course.)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin