Monday, August 22, 2011

50 in 500: Get New Tires for My Car

Oy, we have spend a bundle on my car this past month. I really can't complain because my little Corolla is such a good car and all these repairs fall under maintenance rather than major repairs, but still. Almost $900 later we're feeling the pain.


In the past month we've:
Gotten new tires
Did the front brakes
Got the safety & emissions done
Paid state taxes & updated the registration
Got a new battery
Had the circuit board replaced.

Phew. Seriously?! I mean seriously!!!!!

Do you know what else I would like to spend $900 on...it's a long list.

Sheesh. Luckily the circuit board thing was free -- covered under a Toyota recall. 

But the rest. Sheesh.

At least getting new tires was on my list of 50 things to do in 500 days so I can check that puppy off.


I'm still in pain from the $900.

Ouch.

But I have had the car for 6 years so I guess it was time. Do you think I'll get another 6 years before I have to put so much money into it again? Yeah, me neither...

Oh well, done is done. Check it off the list.

1 little remarks:

DP said...

Ouch is right. If it makes you feel any better, I've spent about that every year on my car since 2007. But that car got me a wife, so I can't complain.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin