Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Funny Story

Friends, I like blogging. But I LOVE sleeping. And my baby is demanding. And my job requires working. Thus...blogging is always at the end of the priority list. It's like this "sleep or write a blog post...?" sleep wins every time.

So while there are lots of posts I'd love to write (and pictures I'd love to take) for now I thought I'd just share with you a rather humorous story that I hope to never forget.

When Joe and I were on our second date we went to feed the ducks at Sugarhouse Park -- just down the street from my apartment. We were walking around, holding hands, la la la. It was all mildly romantical.

But this story isn't about us, it's about Joe's sister Gretel. Gretel calls Joe and he answers to hear Gretel tell him "We're having a baby!"

Now think to yourself, after "congratulations" what's the typical response to this announcement?

Most of the time it's "Oh how wonderful, when's the baby due?"

But Joe, oh, Joe, he says "Oh that's great Gretel, when did you conceive?"

Gretel was a bit put off by this statement and as she paused to compose a response I elbowed Joe and said "You're supposed to ask, 'When is the baby due'?", which of course is what he meant.

So he corrected himself and she told him the due date.

And I have made fun of him about this ever since.

Ha ha "when did you conceive?"...what an awkward question. "Well it could have been that one night after the Olive Garden" or "maybe it was that Saturday after the movies"...seriously people, NEVER ask such a question. It is awkward and your significant other may mock you for the rest of your life.

And Joe will probably be mortified that I'm sharing this in a public sphere, but I think this story is hilarious.

The end.

7 little remarks:

Brooke said...

Yep, that story pretty much made my day! Thanks for the laugh. And we love Joe even more.

DP said...

That is hilarious. He was probably ready to type the estimated date of conception into a spreadsheet and then calculate the estimated due date accordingly.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Thank you SO much for the laugh. Love it!!

Helena said...

We'll have to tease you too Joe!

*Aliese* said...

Love this. But at the same time, I totally asked my sister the same question. Legitimately. :) Don't worry, I don't ask other people, but my sister and I are freakishly linked.

Ali said...

Haha! Thanks for sharing. Jeff enjoyed this story too:) A mistake I'm sure he'll NEVER make again!

painty (Melinda) said...

Ha ha! That's funny :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin