Monday, December 12, 2011

Salt Lake Park Tour: Water Conservation Park

I've been busy. Remember back when I said I'd be posting a series about parks in Salt Lake. Well I started taking pictures, then the weather got cold, then we moved, then my life stayed crazy, my daughter kept not sleeping at night...excuses excuses.

Well this weekend I finally got around to backing up my SD cards to the hard drive. And here they are. Lovely pictures of a lovely park. You could go visit now, but you definitely want to visit next spring. I am so excited for spring...you know...in like 5 months. :)

There's no playground at this park. This park is intended to teach the residents of the Salt Lake Valley how to user water wisely while still having an attractive landscape. It's educational and beautiful. I really loved it.

Name: Water Conservation Park at Jordan Valley
Located: 8215 South 1300 West, West Jordan, UT 84088-9422

Beautiful right? Those little blue squares have facts about water conservation on them.

A lot of the plants have signs near them with their name. It's a treasure trove for garden planning dummies like me. No researching what will do well in our desert climate here in Utah, just go visit the park and find things you like. Like this arbor. I want to marry it.
There's lots of beautiful landscape like this:
So, readers, have you been here? If not, go as soon as the weather improves. It's beautiful and quiet, perfect for a Sunday stroll.

1 little remarks:

Lesley said...

Beautiful pictures!

And thank you so much for your comment on my blog today. You made my WHOLE week (and it's been a pretty good week).

xo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin