Thursday, March 15, 2012

A mix tape...she made him a mix tape!

Do you know the song "Mix Tape" from Avenue Q? Hilarious.

"He was thinking of me, which show's he cares!!
"Sometimes when someone, has a crush on you, they'll make you a mix tape, to give you a clue..."

Seriously go download it and laugh and laugh and laugh. And forgive me for suggesting a song with a swear word in it. It's only one...

Since I have a crush on Joe I figured Valentine's Day was the perfect chance to give him a clue.

Too bad I botched it.

I mean I did make Joe a CD of MP3s I thought he'd love. But by CD I mean I downloaded them on Amazon and never got to burning him a copy.

Spouse fail.


Good thing he's the kind of man who really does think it's the thought that counts.



Oh well, the point is that I finally got around to buying a bunch of songs we love. We are music lovers but we are not in the habit of downloading a bunch of songs once a month. So when I get around to buying a few new songs every 6-12 months I realize there are far more than I can reasonably purchase. Darn budgets, wish I could buy them all.

A gift is the perfect excuse to buy a batch of songs you've wanted to own.

Here's what I bought for Joe...notice the emphasis on acapella and glee...um, yes, we love musical theatre and acapella groups, so sue us. We're not cool. We're okay with that.

(This USB/Mix Tape from Think Geek is awesome. Hilarious packaging, Joe would get a kick out of it).


Anyway here's the list:

Fron NBCs The Sing Off:
Club Can't Handle Me / Dartmouth Aires
Queen Medley / Dartmouth Aires
Rhythm of Love / All Contestants
The Way You Look Tonight / Vocal Point
Whatya Want From Me / Delilah

From Glee
Don't Stop Believing
Forget You / Featuring Gwyneth Paltrow
Somewhere Only We know
Total Eclipse of the Heart
You Can't Always Get What You Want

Other
Home / Vocal Point

So these are all songs that we like, but in reviewing them a whole bunch aren't really Valentinesy--- "Forget You"?!, "Whatya Want From Me", "You Can't Always Get What You Want"?!

Oh yeah, I'm romantic.

Sheesh. That boy deserves a pat on the back for hanging in there with me.

1 little remarks:

Brooke said...

I love downloading songs- and those songs are perfect for working out to! Did you know you can download 3 free songs a week per library card from the libraries freegal website? All the sing off songs and many glee ones are on there- just so you know. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin