Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I need a nap

I wish I could write a whole update post, but I have an Econ paper to wrap up that is due in three hours and Evie is napping. This is my 5 minute break, then back to business.

As you all know, Everly's sleep has been difficult from the get go. We've had some diagnoses (restless leg syndrome for one), but things have not been helping as much as we'd like/need/are-desperate-for, so this last weekend we took Evie in for a sleep study. It went okay, we'll see what the doctor can learn from the data they got for the 3 hours stretch we got her to sleep. I think you can all imagine how much a toddler liked having 2 dozen wires stuck all over her body against her will...

The non-sleep of Evie combined with the fact that I was up until 3:30 in the morning Monday night writing one paper and I'm writing one now rather than napping means I am not sleeping much. And I am tired. Which makes me grouchy, and not filled with as much patience as one needs to deal with a demanding sleep deprived two year old.

It's not all gloom and doom like this is sounding (today we went to the zoo! also the new TV season is starting, so there's always that when Everly refuses to get back in bed at 2am...), but it has been rough. And sometimes I feel like I'm going to have a total breakdown.

For all these reasons, this e-card is funny to me every time I see it.

Hope you got a nap today or that your life perspective was already sunny. :)

Anna

6 little remarks:

Jessie said...

I can't imagine doing all that you're doing on so little sleep. I'm so impressed with you. I hope you're able to find some answers from the sleep study... or that you're at least able to find some time to take your nap. You deserve it.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Isn't it amazing how a nap makes all the difference??

I generally try to take a nap every day - it's pretty important for me with my blood sugar issues. But my class this semester is from 2:00-3:00, which means with commuting I'm tied up from 1:30-3:30 every M,W,F. So... naps aren't as easy to come by. I'm surprised how hard it is for me. But like you said... there's something about a nap.

I hope things get figured out with Everly - I am SO sorry. I've never heard of such an insane story of sleep deprivation in my live.

Ali said...

Oh the magic that sleep will do...hope it happens SOON!!!!!!

Emily S said...

I hope they got enough data to tell you just what you need to hear! And yes, that is pretty funny . . . it's really hard for me to force myself not to make dramatic decisions and such when I am tired . . . which is usually. :)

AmyMak said...

I clicked on here from another blog...and love this post because I am true believer in naps! They are one of my most needed items, sometimes on a daily basis, sometimes just for 20 min. and I'm a new and "sunnier" person :) Cute pic!

Haddock said...

Loss of sleep really gets you.
So better not sacrifice on that.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin