Thursday, September 6, 2012

Play Makeup

Since having Everly doing my makeup has generally gone out the window. Maybe 50% of days I try to get eyeliner and mascara done. But full blown makeup is a thing of the past (sad!). Someday when she sleeps it'll return.

So it strikes me with surprise that Evie has been naturally drawn to makeup. She wants to play with it. And no matter the product she spreads it on her cheeks. Lipgloss wand? One streak on each cheek, thankyouverymuch. :)

So I wanted to get her some play makeup. When I was a kid they had these fake makeups, they were plastic, but had brushes. I checked the dollar store and toys r us but all I could find was play makeup that was actually glosses and powders (the whole point was to avoid mess people!!).

My friend Shanna is genius and suggested at playgroup that I take an old makeup case of mine, clean it out, and fill it with nailpolish. Then let it dry. And...what do you know. Perfect, no mess, makeup for Evie.

Cute right? And basically free. :)

And no mess.

So go ahead little Evie Lou and smear blue, green, red, and yellow...on each cheek. And someday you'll figure out this is EYE-shadow. Oh who am I kidding, you can pretend it is whatever you want. :)

4 little remarks:

Tannie Datwyler said...

I TOTALLY need to do this. I've been meaning to make one of these for Claire for years and keep forgetting. I think Deirdre would like it now. :) Thanks for the reminder.

madison said...

Such a good idea! I can just see her putting on her fake makeup:). Also congrats on a waaaaay productive 2012! Great job with the apartment!

madison said...

Such a good idea! I can just see her putting on her fake makeup:). Also congrats on a waaaaay productive 2012! Great job with the apartment!

painty (Melinda) said...

Genius! Such a cute idea. My makeup ritual stopped when Dessie was born too... Now with child number three (dare I confess?) sometimes I forget to shower. I know. Pretty bad. Makeup did return for intervals somewhere in between them all when we were on non-baby routine though.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin