Monday, June 3, 2013

First Date Anniversary

Seven years ago I went on my last first date.

With this man.


It was good.

We've been together ever since.

Lately when I think about Joe I think about this poem by Shakespeare. We've been through a lot of tempests (and sometime I think I am a tempest myself); one of the things I love most about Joe is that he is "never shaken." He makes me feel loved, attractive, safe and secure every single day.

He's just what I needed. I'm so grateful he asked me to go hiking with him seven years ago. And I'm so glad I said yes.

Sonnet 116 by William Shakespeare:

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never write, nor no man ever loved.

1 little remarks:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Okay, I LOVE that sonnet. Thanks for reminding me of it. And that picture of you and Joe at the beginning is just lovely! Hooray for 7 years my friend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin